PDA

View Full Version : Did the Penguin Update Affect Your Site Rankings?

xmadx
06-23-2012, 03:26 AM
Google is constantly rolling out updates to their algorithm. Only they know what the formula is to ranking a site on the first page naturally. They have been updating their results for as far back as I can remember. I remember when people used to be obsessed with getting a high pagerank. Some people still focus a lot of their efforts on raising their pagerank, but the majority of people are more focused on SEO these days.

It seems people are over doing it with their search engine optimization methods and Google is trying to put a stop to it with the latest Penguin update. There are a few notable things that would contribute to lowered rankings such as building spammy links and using too many of the same keywords on your pages.

A few of my sites were hit by Penguin and I am trying to recover their rankings by building quality links. Not only that. I am focused on diversifying the anchor texts as this is another thing Penguin looks for. Keyword density is something else that should help recover rankings slightly.

If your site rankings were affected by the Penguin update what are you doing to help recover your rankings? Or did you just give up on the site and move on to the next one?

MyDigitalpoint
06-23-2012, 09:00 AM
Has any penguin update taken place?

First time I've heard of it, but undoubtedly Google is running out of originality naming its updates.

As with the Panda, I have not seen any change on my sites, nor for good or bad.

bryce12
06-23-2012, 02:07 PM
My sites were not affected by Penguin as I am cautious about how much I optimize my site and what kind of backlinks I build to the. I never used automated tools to build backlinks as Google does catch up with spammers ultimately. The best way to recover a site hit by Penguin is to remove low quality links pointing to your site. It would also make sense to include high quality content for few weeks to try to regain the authority of your site.

Randomhero
06-23-2012, 04:44 PM
Some people that run black*** methods were affected that I know but my site is an authority site so it wasn't affected. I tend to google dance every few days though, rank 2, rank 10, 50, 90, 1, lol.

Soulfully
06-24-2012, 05:16 AM
Some people that run black*** methods were affected that I know but my site is an authority site so it wasn't affected. I tend to google dance every few days though, rank 2, rank 10, 50, 90, 1, lol.

Everyone using blackhat methods will be effected, if not now then soon enough. Me, I've no such worries about any kind of update because I do things properly and get rewarded for it, like you should.:)

Waynefire
06-24-2012, 09:13 AM
I know some friends whose sites were hit hard. Mainly because they were putting to many KW into the phrase. However, that was limited.

adamarclight
06-24-2012, 09:28 PM
i think penguin will traffic update drop. And i don't know how to recover from that. So, in my opinion penguin affect my site ranking but negatively! Maybe that's only for me and different from the others. I personally think this because i've heard that penguin update fight against web spam. It's not that i'm saying many sites are spams. But many sites that was noted as spams would be in trouble.

Jessi
06-25-2012, 04:50 AM
I'm not sure. I had a drop around the same time, but I don't know if it was because of the updates there or just my site in general. I was never one to buy backlinks and whatnot, so I know that part didn't effect me.

Frany
06-30-2012, 09:31 AM
I have unique quality content on all my websites and I use only white hat methods. I never was effected by any Google update to date.

llyod21
07-03-2012, 07:16 AM
Yes it effect my site ranking when its updated but its get recovered by me after some time.

stevenpeter
07-26-2012, 11:48 AM
I have drop my site ranking after the Google penguin update , I could't understand how it happen and how to recover the previous ranking .

Hardison
07-27-2012, 03:47 PM
My website didn't experience any drop. A couple did rise a bit. I don't do any blackhat techniques because my sites are associated with real businesses. I'm in it for the long haul so I take my time.

Kim Meredith Smith
10-04-2012, 03:08 PM
It is not affected by my site.. If we add more repeated keywords in a web page.. Then only it will get affected...

billsmith1097
12-04-2012, 07:45 PM
There is only one way to beat panda update is the quality content.

margijani1
12-19-2012, 05:37 PM
Google updates many times search algorithms and ranking factors in SEO.Many websites affects in ranking and loose their top keyword ranking.Recover your website from penguin updates.I hope you will search on SEOmoz and Searchengineland.

Maximlis
12-19-2012, 07:35 PM
After Google penguin update, most of the site were penalized and their ranking were decreased. So it's better to know the reason behind it.

beingatulk
12-20-2012, 06:54 PM
About 3% of search results in Google were effected by penguin update. Fortunately my site was not in those 3%.

Maximlis
12-20-2012, 07:22 PM
Google Penguin was updated on 24th April,2012. Some of the sites hit badly due to this. The mail purpose of Google Penguin is to suppress spam sites from search engine.

jacksonperezy
04-26-2013, 08:55 PM
Penguin Algorithm affect to only those websites who having low quality link building and spam links. So, it's time to be authentic because of authentication really improves your website. Quality and ethical work can bring the new revolution in brand promotion.

henrymiller
06-12-2014, 08:06 PM
Yes.. Penguin update checks for the spam links and the duplicate content of your website.. One of my friend's site was affected by it.. He tried some SEO recovery and the google penguin recovery services to recover his website..

chinomoreno
06-13-2014, 12:41 PM
I'm glad that my site was not affected by any of this update. I don't think there is a need to worry if you know that you follow Google's guidelines.

Tweetcinema
07-20-2014, 10:14 PM
Yet now my site is not affected by penguin algorithm .....but can anyone help me if this happen what should I do??

perfectionmovers
08-08-2014, 02:57 PM
Yes it affected by website .. I was Doing black hat and my website was on top of the result for which i was doing SEO but suddenly when It updated.. my website got deindexed from google. What left was nothing :( feeling so sad.