PDA

View Full Version : Google's new algorithm

sreekumar
02-02-2012, 09:45 AM
I hear the news of a new algorithm brought in by Google a new anti-banner algorithm. It is said that Google has announced a new change to algorithm which will affect site owners who display more banners than content on their site. It also depends on the spot where you display your banner whether it is on top, middle, left side or right side. Their explanation is they are targetting sites with "too many" and will spare"normal". Again ambiguous terms meaning Google has decided to reign the internet world with more hegemony.

bryce12
02-02-2012, 11:46 AM
Can you post the link from where you got the story? Google does change its algorithm from time to time but as far as I am aware they have not announced such drastic changes. However if you are an Adsense publisher, then google may evaluate your site based on quality of content and number of ads vs content percentage above the fold and may disable serving ads to your sites.

Bryce

save27
02-03-2012, 07:56 AM
I haven't heard anything about this. I don't really mind such it doesn't affect me, I only have one banner on the top. But would adsense's own banners count as banners? that could get very confusing for site owners...

sreekumar
02-04-2012, 08:58 AM
Can you post the link from where you got the story? Google does change its algorithm from time to time but as far as I am aware they have not announced such drastic changes. However if you are an Adsense publisher, then google may evaluate your site based on quality of content and number of ads vs content percentage above the fold and may disable serving ads to your sites.

BryceThis is the link:http://performinsider.com/2012/01/googles-new-anti-banner-algorithm/

jumping_j
02-05-2012, 05:44 PM
I would also be really interested in seeing the article that you read about this. Could you post a link please?

I suspect this is going to hit new website owners harder than already established ones. Those websites with little content at the moment but have adverts on will feel the result of this update.

internetmarketingsmarts
02-05-2012, 09:33 PM
Here's a link guys:
http://searchengineland.com/too-many-ads-above-the-fold-now-penalized-by-googles-page-layout-algo-108613

I think this is really designed at low quality purely ad driven sites that don't really provide a very good user experience. Ironically many of those sites feature adsense units which obviously Google owns and profits from. Some have argued that Google is being hypocrite because their own search engine results are covered with their own sponsored ads that push a lot of organic sites down. Either way all these constant changes are annoying. But for the most part as long as you're focusing on providing the user with good information and a positive user experience a lot of these things don't have huge impact on the good sites.

lifeplayer
02-05-2012, 10:31 PM
i dont know about this and thanks for sharing the information
personally i think it is another good action taken by google to kick out those crap site

bloggeroo
02-06-2012, 07:42 PM
Google has decided to reign the internet world with more hegemony.

We may not like what Google is doing, but come to think of it, the SERP and the index belong to Google. They are just cleaning house and those who were able to manipulate their way into their list suddenly find themselves unwelcome. So, rather than belaboring the obvious, I think it's more productive to figure out the new algorithm-friendly methods for getting back into the SERP.

internetmarketingsmarts
02-07-2012, 03:20 AM
We may not like what Google is doing, but come to think of it, the SERP and the index belong to Google. They are just cleaning house and those who were able to manipulate their way into their list suddenly find themselves unwelcome. So, rather than belaboring the obvious, I think it's more productive to figure out the new algorithm-friendly methods for getting back into the SERP.

Well said! At the end of the day they own the game and you have to be willing to play by their rules. Otherwise just get out the game and focus on other ways of getting traffic which we all should do regardless. It's never a good idea to have all your eggs in one basket especially when you don't own the basket. ;)

Shadow
02-08-2012, 12:33 AM
Well said! At the end of the day they own the game and you have to be willing to play by their rules. Otherwise just get out the game and focus on other ways of getting traffic which we all should do regardless. It's never a good idea to have all your eggs in one basket especially when you don't own the basket. ;)

^This - I agree with you completely.

riprook7
10-13-2016, 01:26 PM
Thank For Sharing this Information

Thoughtgrid
10-24-2016, 05:26 PM
Now this september google update the algorithm called penguin 4.0