PDA

View Full Version : Google in 2012.Some major changes

seobuzz
12-25-2011, 01:59 AM
Google is a search engines which always updates itself according to the user demand. That is why it the top. i am curious to know the changes which we may see during 2012 in Google. So what do you think?

lifeplayer
12-25-2011, 02:09 AM
Google have a strong base and huge number of fans, they are controlling the search engine market at this moment, it is not easy to take over google in short period, google is still the king of search engine market in this few year

w_hub
12-25-2011, 02:27 PM
In 2012, we may see lots more advanced stuff in Google plus. As such Google always keep themselves up to date, so we need to watch out for the changes then and go. May be we see a new Google service in the upcoming year.

lifeplayer
12-25-2011, 09:16 PM
In 2012, we may see lots more advanced stuff in Google plus. As such Google always keep themselves up to date, so we need to watch out for the changes then and go. May be we see a new Google service in the upcoming year.

google plus? i doubt that google manage to make it as good as their search engine. many people seems no more interested in google plus, wish google plus will not repeat what the google wave history

w_hub
12-26-2011, 01:04 AM
that's why I think that google will try to give an impetus to the Google plus. I don't think that Google will let it go like this only. May be it is the biggest surprise from Google in 2012.

seo_
12-26-2011, 01:53 AM
Google is a search engines which always updates itself according to the user demand. That is why it the top. i am curious to know the changes which we may see during 2012 in Google. So what do you think?

I don't know about anything else but there will be a unique opening page for the gmail surely. They are constantly updating it since last few years. The Google search engine may also observe some change.

seo_
12-26-2011, 01:57 AM

Deefinitely Google plus will be on the target of Google in 2012. I think they need to try out something ridiculous to give a challenge to Facebook's dominance. Well let's see what actually happens.

dripworld
12-29-2011, 01:25 PM
google plus? i doubt that google manage to make it as good as their search engine. many people seems no more interested in google plus, wish google plus will not repeat what the google wave history
I agree with this as people are not interested in using Google plus social network and it looks more boring for browsing Google plus site. Google might change anything at any time to their search engine. Its not a new plan for them.

SpikeTheLobster
01-01-2012, 09:57 PM
I think the major changes we'll see in Google for 2012 will be around the search algorithm and, perhaps, Page Ranks. Panda has already had a massive impact on search result quality (by cutting out all the crap article links) and I think they'll continue their advance in that direction, fine-tuning to get better results every time.

The thing that concerns me a little is PR. They haven't done anything really huge to that for a long time (as far as I'm aware) and, with the changes in Panda, I suspect the black- and grey-hatters will be taking a much closer look at PR to see if it can be gamed. If they do - and if they're successful - we may see some significant changes there. That'd suck.

There's also the whole Wolfram Alpha side of things. I don't know if Google's continuing their research in that direction but I suspect they're keeping a close eye on it and will integrate more of that functionality over time.

Hopefully they'll also fine-tune their image search (by example image) since it mostly sucks at the moment (though it IS very cool).

I don't really have any interest in any of their products outside of the search engine, so I can't comment on those. I pick up my gmail via POP. :D

NilaS
01-04-2012, 06:59 PM
of course quality work, you can see the effect of panda update in 2011 and it is mainly for the content so you have to be careful about the content mainly..

seo_
01-04-2012, 08:47 PM
According to a rumor it has been come to knowledge Google has signed a deal with GM and is going to boom this year. Although it has not much known about it progress in the upcoming time but with its deal with GM portrays a view that lots features are going to be exposed.

Emeraldgreen21
01-05-2012, 12:08 AM
Google changes scare me, seriously. I'm an article writer for a number of content mills, and the last update really messed with everyone's revenue. The list of content mills that are either having to shut down temporarily or firing writers is as long as my arm, and in my opinion it's the Google update that caused all the major changes in the content writing world.

SpikeTheLobster
01-06-2012, 08:02 AM
Google changes scare me, seriously. I'm an article writer for a number of content mills, and the last update really messed with everyone's revenue. The list of content mills that are either having to shut down temporarily or firing writers is as long as my arm, and in my opinion it's the Google update that caused all the major changes in the content writing world.

That's true but it was the mills' own stupid fault for allowing junk content. If they'd kept tighter rein on the affiliate crap they were allowing to be published, their traffic wouldn't have dropped as much: personally, I've noticed no significant change in my rev share content traffic and income at all (on three different sites) because they're all legitimate articles and not just link-vomit.

It's just the same as when the dot-com bubble burst. Everyone gets used to it being easy, then the rules change and suddenly it's harder to make the grade. The directories and mills will be fine: there'll just be a transition period where they suffer negative effects before earnings for you (the decent writers) return to normal, in my opinion.

In the long run, Panda will be a boon as it'll raise the bar a little and mean writing wages should be more representative.

dripworld
01-06-2012, 04:44 PM
This is good to know because of many writers are rewriting articles. One article is spun into many articles with the same story so it is boring for readers. If you are an mechanical engineer then you are able to write about mechanical articles, but in these days anyone is writing articles on any topic. I hope they will do this time to block those useless articles.

Linx
01-14-2012, 03:56 AM
Google will probably become more social. What this exactly means, i am not sure...but they are great believers in the web becoming more transparent, simple and social. That is why they wanted to buy Facebook in the beginning stages...and launched Google Plus...which should not be written off.

It is the fastest growing social network to date...albeit it entered later so there is a head start but there are many ways in which they can boost their baby forward and I am sure that 2012 will see them doing that. Loving their gmail update too, with more images etc...so user-friendly. I'm loving it.

anjali189
01-20-2012, 02:46 PM
Google announced 30 changes over the previous month, including image search landing-page quality detection, more relevant site-links, more rich snippets, and related-query improvements. The line between an "algo update" and a "feature" got a bit more blurred.

Source: http://insidesearch.blogspot.com/2012/01/30-search-quality-highlights-with.html

PAULANEALMOONEY
01-26-2012, 01:29 AM
Basically, we'll know the changes that Google makes when they make them in 2012 -- or if Matt Cutts gives us hints on his blog or in YouTube videos about pending changes to come.

People can pontificate forever on forums and such about the stuff we think Google may do, but not many people expected the Google Panda update when it happened.

Hopefully God will give me dreams about what formula changes are next to come and how to rank well with them!

seodump
01-27-2012, 01:26 PM
Google has already change its privacy policy for its various products like Gmail and adsense this year. A lot of changes are expected to roll in and in my opinion they will make Google +1 more important for websites.

dripworld
01-27-2012, 08:45 PM

I have today seen when i was logging into my gmail and they have said some privacy policy should accept. In march they will change for Google plus and so on. I am not interested in other products as they have already did bad thing with orkut.

albertnicol26
01-28-2012, 03:20 PM

Andrew26
01-28-2012, 07:59 PM
People can pontificate forever on forums and such about the stuff we think Google may do, but not many people expected the Google Panda update when it happened.

seodump
01-29-2012, 08:02 PM
the privacy policy stuff is already making a lot of buzz these days and people are even thinking to migarte to other email services to keep their personal information private.

bryantrace2568
01-30-2012, 12:30 PM
The Google plus can be the most wonderful gift from Google in this 2012. I hope Google won't let the issue go halfheartedly and will pour necessary efforts into it.

michal26
01-30-2012, 02:37 PM

ashtontrace
01-30-2012, 02:42 PM
Google changes its algorithm quite frequently. There are a lot of things that Google do not want to be known by the users. So, it is updating itself frequently.

Ricky26
01-30-2012, 07:25 PM
Google plus will be on the target of Google in 2012. I think they need to try out something ridiculous to give a challenge to Facebook's dominance. Well let's see what actually happens.

save27
01-31-2012, 10:38 AM
I hope that google adsense becomes more profitable for everyone. Google have billions and billions of dollars, I hope they can share a little bit more! I know there is some knew privacy policy thingy update...

bryce12
02-01-2012, 12:22 PM
Google is moving towards integrating Social marketing results within their search results. Think about personalized search results and inclusion of +1 counts while ranking a website and you will notice that Google is leaning more and more towards use of social marketing. I expect the trend to continue and get even more important during 2012.

Bryce

brodyclay1221
02-01-2012, 04:51 PM
I doubt that Google manage to make it as nice as their search engine. Plenty of people seems no more interested in Google and, wish Google and won't repeat what the Google wave history.

save27
02-02-2012, 06:27 AM
I doubt that Google manage to make it as nice as their search engine. Plenty of people seems no more interested in Google and, wish Google and won't repeat what the Google wave history.

Google is definitely the best search engine and comes up with the best and most detailed results out of all of them. I doubt people will stop using Google.

michal8
02-02-2012, 07:21 PM
Google have a strong base and huge number of fans, they are controlling the search engine market at this moment, it is not easy to take over google in short period, google is still the king of search engine market in this few year

Aaddy
02-02-2012, 08:33 PM
I think they need to try out something ridiculous to give a challenge to Facebook's dominance. Well let's see what actually happens.

save27
02-03-2012, 07:54 AM
And if the ridiculous things fails? Well I was just going to say that google would lose users, but if "I've never failed, I've never lived." Guess the same could apply to Google..

adampillai
02-08-2012, 08:43 PM
Google is moving towards integrating Social marketing results within their search results. Think about personalized search results and inclusion of +1 counts while ranking a website and you will notice that Google is leaning more and more towards use of social marketing.

SearchNut
02-27-2012, 11:23 AM
Google is moving towards integrating Social marketing results within their search results. Think about personalized search results and inclusion of +1 counts while ranking a website and you will notice that Google is leaning more and more towards use of social marketing.

Social media has gotten so huge it was only a matter of time before Google incorporated it into their searches. Almost everyone must be on at least one of the social media sites.

albert
02-29-2012, 07:21 PM
google keep on changing some or the other things but major change is in the policy of google which they have changed......

wjack2010
03-01-2012, 12:47 AM
Google changes its algorithm quite frequently. There are a lot of things that Google do not want to be known by the users. So, it is updating itself frequently.

I totally second that. There always changing things around, but without any prior, if at all any notice to the users or even Members of Google and it's services. Some people may like this, however if your like me you want to know all the glory details in it's entirety with nothing being hidden.

Shadow
03-01-2012, 03:37 AM
It does not really matter what people think Google can do whatever it wants within the law of the Internet, which brings me onto another thread which I will place up shortly.

If you don't like Google then join an Occupy Google protest and just submit to every other search engine other than Google... Unfortunately that is just the way it is.

Terms of Service - Privacy Policy - Panda - This is Google! The way people harp on about it you would think Google is the great Satan, in that respect stop using Google and block the heck out of their bots! IMHO

David262
03-26-2012, 03:38 PM
Google announced 30 changes over the previous month, including image search landing-page quality detection, more relevant site-links, more rich snippets, and related-query improvements. The line between an "algo update" and a "feature" got a bit more blurred.

Shadow
03-26-2012, 08:08 PM
Big changes are afoot - Blackhat SEO, spamming of keywords and link generation via paid sources will be purged. If you have taken part in these practices expect a massive page purge from the search engine.

Plus you will see an increased ranking system via voting a webpage.