PDA

View Full Version : Blogspot shows up less in Google?

ClearSky
02-09-2012, 06:26 AM
Hello all,

I have a question. Does anyone else have a problem seeing Blogger.com blogs in Google.com? Lets just say you were to google: Libya Revolt, and then change the search type to blogs(as I frequently do), there would be a plethora of sponsored sites and other paid .com sites, but little to no blogspot.com sites. I rarely see wordpress.com blogs either...Why is this?

internetmarketingsmarts
02-09-2012, 07:00 AM
I think it all depends on the keywords, the competition and all the usual stuff that plays into SEO. Keep in mind Google wants authority sites which tend to be highly relevant. An authority site will usually have their own domain and hosting. So that sort of leaves blogger sites out. But again this all depends on the factors I mention above. In general I always tell people invest the couple of bucks of getting a real domain name and hosting account. Then use wordpress on that hosting account. Self hosted wordpress sites tend to rank well if you know what you're doing.

sreekumar
02-09-2012, 09:47 AM
If it is not getting a level playing field, I just don't understand why Google continues with their free lunch, Blogger? They do not favor this site with Adsense even.

lifeplayer
02-09-2012, 10:41 AM
It is depends on the website itself, you can see some niche especially those high competitive niche, it is hard for blogspot to rank good in SERP because other people is spend more time and money on it. Can you beat the with spend thousands per month if you are using free domain?

Jessi
02-09-2012, 10:54 AM
I was told that Blogger/blogspot blogs actually tend to show up -more- in search results, because Google now owns Blogger. I have no idea with the blog search function because I don't actually use that, but I have a feeling that it just varies and there's no real difference based on domain names.

UmiNoor
02-09-2012, 12:36 PM
Blogspot blogs do appear in my searches if I do a local search. I think it depends on the keyword and competition like internetmarketings marts has said above. Also, the content must be unique and original. If it's just similar content to authoritative sites then Google would probably choose the authoritative sites over a blogspot blog.

ClearSky
02-10-2012, 01:54 AM
Thanks for the replies. I'll definitely keep this in mind. I do understand what internetmarketings is saying about authority sites. I tend to see many authority sites in my search when I click search blogs in Google and on about the 3 or 4 page I will start to see wordpresses and .blogspots.

lifeplayer
02-10-2012, 08:34 PM
Another reason you can found that the blogger post less recently because many blogger is using copy paste content, google panda are kicking out those duplicate content and therefore you can found that less blogger post recently

cpvr
02-10-2012, 10:35 PM
Hello all,

I have a question. Does anyone else have a problem seeing Blogger.com blogs in Google.com? Lets just say you were to google: Libya Revolt, and then change the search type to blogs(as I frequently do), there would be a plethora of sponsored sites and other paid .com sites, but little to no blogspot.com sites. I rarely see wordpress.com blogs either...Why is this?If there isn't any top blogs for the keywords that you're searching for, then of course they won't show up.

Shadow
02-13-2012, 08:10 PM
A touch of caffeine might help.

tahir741
09-25-2014, 05:26 PM
I think it all depends on the keywords, the competition and all the usual stuff that plays into SEO. Keep in mind Google wants authority sites which tend to be highly relevant. An authority site will usually have their own domain and hosting. So that sort of leaves blogger sites out. But again this all depends on the factors I mention above. In general I always tell people invest the couple of bucks of getting a real domain name and hosting account. Then use wordpress on that hosting account. Self hosted wordpress sites tend to rank well if you know what you're doing.

I agree with him nice post