PDA

View Full Version : Google SEO - Pointless?

Shadow
02-15-2012, 01:01 AM
I have been using various SEO techniques in the past to trap a good position in the search engines. I have found that these days using some SEO techniques such as certain highly paid keywords are fruitless.

You only have to look at the competition for keywords to see that you are up against some big guns in regards to websites.

SEO is not so important these days - but I have come here to share a little something with you.

Keywords - Do not leave keywords out on there own in non-descriptive sentences, make a full sentence with the keyword and repeat that sentence 3 times per 400 words.

You can use cousin keywords also... but avoid stuffing or your site with cousin keywords as it will be seen as spammy in the algorithm.

Make sure you are following the SERPS protocol and you will find your rankings improve. But until you have many pages of original content, do not expect a huge jump onto page one. It ain't going to happen overnight, you need to take some time and effort in constructing your site as originally and as keyword friendly as possible. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Search_engine_results_page will give you some handy tips as to what happens during Search Engine Page Ranking.

Oh and try to keep flash landing pages to a minimum. You will be graded on page load speed also... you can have the best SEO in the world but if your site is not a sponsored site and pages load slowly, you will be onto a loser.

save27
02-15-2012, 08:15 AM
I find it hard to believe SEO isn't effective at all anymore, it seems like everyone uses it and are getting good results. Do you have any statistics to back it up?

icemetal
02-15-2012, 10:51 AM
Seems like everything I do is pointless, I even tried Senuke but no results :( But I think you just have to be patient as SEO takes time, and you got to constantly work at it I haven't given up just yet, I'm going to keep at it until I get the desired results :)

Kina
02-15-2012, 02:00 PM
I am curious what keywords you are trying to promote. And what methods are you using to try and promote them?

lifeplayer
02-15-2012, 05:57 PM
SEO is not so important these days

I dont agree, SEO is still very important if you want to rank good on search engine. Of course, google is giving more and more weight to the content other than only SEO

UmiNoor
02-16-2012, 09:31 AM
SEO is not so important these days - but I have come here to share a little something with you.
I don't think that you can make such a generalization. It's not that SEO is not important anymore. It's that the old SEO techniques need to be revised to keep up with the ever changing search engine algorithms. If you don't optimize your websites for search engines and that is what SEO does then you'll never get your website onto the first page of search engines.

bryce12
02-16-2012, 12:19 PM
SEO is not dead. It depends on the keyword competition and how you are building backlinks. There are plenty of SEO case studies that show that SEO is still alive and kicking. My advice to you, don't give up so quickly. Keep building backlinks and check your on-page SEO. Depending on your competition, it will take some time for the results to reflect in the rankings.

icemetal
02-16-2012, 01:53 PM
SEO is not dead. It depends on the keyword competition and how you are building backlinks. There are plenty of SEO case studies that show that SEO is still alive and kicking. My advice to you, don't give up so quickly. Keep building backlinks and check your on-page SEO. Depending on your competition, it will take some time for the results to reflect in the rankings.

Yeah i've heard that you need quality not quantity of backlinks to do good in the SEO world and not rely to much on backlink creation software as these tend to leave footprints, probably should some high pr backlinks.

raindancer
02-16-2012, 06:20 PM
I think there is so much more to SEO than just choosing the right keywords. Keyword competition may be high but there are always long tail keywords in any industry and often these are more profitable than trying to optimize for the major terms. Off page optimization such a link building is essential for your long term success too :)

Shadow
02-16-2012, 11:01 PM
I have listen to you all, I agree with many of you - but I have been using SEO techniques for SERPS & LSI for many years - I have found that in my case that there is way too much emphasis on keywords and the content created around keywords for there to be a massive fuss in getting into the top pages of Google.

As some of you have pointed out SEO is a great tool to promote your pages - but if the algorithm is being dicky or changes as it does around 500 times per year, then you will find that unless you have a team of individuals constantly tracking and keeping tabs on your pages then you will be up and down the ranking system like a yoyo.

Take a look at the pages of a quick test search... how many blogs do you see? How many big fish do you see that have been building their websites for years - how many do you see that have paid a vast fortune in handling SEO?

It is very rare to see a young website bounce all the way up... basically concentrating on content, building a healthy good quality website is far more important than SEO at an early stage.

The problem here is the "I'm going to get rich overnight using Adsense" mentality - trust me I have been in the business for many moons and I have seen all types of black hat and white hat tactics.

If you are complacent enough to think that SEO is the be-all and end-all of getting into the search engines you are very much mistaken these days. Companies that build their business around SEO will tell you that SEO is important to get you a boost up the ladder - of course they will it is their business to tell you that, that is how they make money - but believe me guys and girls if you want to spend money, you will get your ranking - other than that you will be in for a long wait - or just get lucky in your niche.

As some of you have said, competition, yes competition is key - if you are looking at using financial keywords around 'banking, banks, make money online, forex, gold, silver, google adsense' you get the idea - you are in for a massive shock.

Some of you have been at this for years - be honest which of you have seen a massive jump from zilch to page one without heavy investment and a lot of time and patience?

That is all I am saying here... as for statistics...

http://level343.com/article_archive/2012/01/12/end-of-the-beginning-seo-social-search-copywriting-et-all/

You may get some luck temporarily messing around in the Social Media market, but if you want to try traditional SEO techniques - Well the BLACK HAT lot have messed it up for all of us!

IMHO :)

dripworld
02-17-2012, 02:25 AM
Shadow
I agree with your post and seen with my sites and blogs too. major factor is this search engines are not yet looking links but they are making to rank even more outbound links. I have learnt that write content and publish than doing SEO.

Shadow
02-17-2012, 10:08 PM
Shadow
I agree with your post and seen with my sites and blogs too. major factor is this search engines are not yet looking links but they are making to rank even more outbound links. I have learnt that write content and publish than doing SEO.

I think I understand what you are saying - and good on you, stick to building your site with original content first before worrying about SEO - Often you will bump into SEO for SERPS without even trying. Before long you are hitting page 5 and then you will slowly build up as more content is added and you do not get spammy with keywords.

One other thing, I think I tipped you all on this earlier - for many people who have a foreign website that is trying to get out to an English speaking market, via Google's search engine the you really have to look at spelling and grammar. Oh be sure Google are as pedantic as that, the algorithm is checking for quality, not only that if a user lands on your page from the search engine only to find terrible grammar and spelling mistakes they are going to report the page - trust me I know many people who are doing this just because they have nothing better to do - Jobsworths they are called where I come from. I 'm not to fussed about a page as long as it is clear and I understand it but many thousands are just plain all too ready to hit that 'block results from this website button'. The algorithm will see this, no matter what anyone tells you.

Now for those who think I am only here to shill the hell out of Google, I am not... Google have been a revelation, but you do have to understand that all you have learned about Google from pages that are dated 1998 to 2011 is now consigned to history. Things are changing daily, your best option is to join the Google Adsense/Help forums to get daily answers and techniques for free. many of us there are all to happy to help those who are genuine and wish to learn a little about SEO, SERPs, Google Adsense, Google Webmaster, the types of traffic that are not offensive to Google results in Adsense and whole raft of other information that you can get for free from some very smart individuals that will not charge you a penny for their help.

We who are genuine are in this together - those who wish to be disingenuous and play the system with Black Hat Seo tricks and Google Adsense fraud will just get caught out, and cry "why" later.

It is often those who play Google who dish out a lot of advice on how crappy Google is, they got caught fiddling the system and got caught. Some are genuine and if they are they get an all clear.

As for my point - SEO is it pointless?

Two answers:

Yes - fledglings need to learn more about the modern way and the right way of doing things before jumping in feet first and then moaning about page rank.

No - If you have spent plenty of time, patience and researched everything to know and can run against the big boys of the Interwebs without crying something is not working, not using Black Hat SEO and generally not cheating your way to the top via 6 billion backlinks - then great go for it.

Why do I say this?

Because I am sick to death of the cheaters who get into the result pages, affect my page positions while I have time sensitive content on my sites ultimately affecting my traffic and PR without a care for anyone else before the algorithm catches them and kicks their hides out of the search engine results pages.

Thank you for listening today :)

RainOK
02-20-2012, 04:02 PM
SEO is very frustrating for a beginner. You will want to quit very soon probably the moment you read about it. But if you dont give up, you will start to understand that SEO from google is very stable and get net you a good amount of profit.
Dont quit!

Shadow
02-21-2012, 01:02 AM
SEO does not make you profit - your visitors do, that is if they click ads - if your content is dross they will click off in 10 seconds. The algorithm checks load speed of pages and how long a visitor stayed on a page - partners are fed this info... hence why many sites get a $0.01 RPM.

Yes SEO is a great tool when it is understood - but again you do not have to be in the top of the search engines to have a great site with thousands of visitors. One of my sites has thousands of uniques every month - I do not even want it in the search engines - word of mouth did that particular site more favors than SEO ever did.

marcoturner97
02-23-2012, 04:16 PM
I used to follow the blog comments, forums, submitting articles, book marks, in order to improve my ranking of the sites. What are effective techniques for link building.

AshwinSajith
02-23-2012, 07:08 PM
I beg to differ as there a lot of people who consitently get good traffic using good SEO techniques. From personal experience I have seen a few of my pages, where I have used optimisation techniques, perform much better and get consistent flow of search traffic, as compared toother pages where I have not done this. So unless you really have stats to prove it , I dont think what you say is fully true.

Shadow
02-23-2012, 09:07 PM
I beg to differ as there a lot of people who consitently get good traffic using good SEO techniques. From personal experience I have seen a few of my pages, where I have used optimisation techniques, perform much better and get consistent flow of search traffic, as compared toother pages where I have not done this. So unless you really have stats to prove it , I dont think what you say is fully true.

LOL here is my baby baby fledgling site that I have NOT used any SEO, Blackhat or cheat tricks to get visitors - However I AM in the indexes - I DO NOT use FOLLOW rules instead I have used NOFOLLOW and NOINDEX rules on this particular website - and this is just a baby as yet.

Shadow
02-23-2012, 09:10 PM
Grrrrr tiny attachment you will have to zoom in.

Basically on todays date which is not the end of the month that would be just over 23,000 uniques and just over 541,000 hits - NO SEO - NO INDEXING!

Talk Tech News
02-24-2012, 06:02 PM
I am very surprised by some of the answers people have given. I have no doubt in my mid that SEO is important and does work.

Shadow
02-24-2012, 11:40 PM
I am very surprised by some of the answers people have given. I have no doubt in my mid that SEO is important and does work.

I'm not saying it does not work TTN, I am saying that it is useless if your site is full of dross spammy content or it has its quality impaired with grammar errors and spelling mistakes - you can have the best SEO in the world but if your site is low on quality, you are dumped from the repeat visitor list and the algorithm catches your site, lowering it on the basis of quality - the algorithm is really that clever!

You also have to factor in the competitive market of SEO - 10's of millions are trying to get ahead - the question you should ask yourself is: "Is my website better than the best in the top 10?"

You are up against some big big microbloggers that have been doing this for years - if you can produce a more regional form of SEO, you might get somewhere in regional searches, as for the top ten, you should not be worrying about that unless you have a whole lot of time, quality content and some excellent SEO skills.

jacobcolton43
02-28-2012, 04:25 PM
For excellent visibility, there is a need to optimize your site to promote on the Internet, good for you ... get a better SERP and traffic conversion, such as, you, the high-quality engine links to good content ... you need to search optimize your site to build

albert
02-29-2012, 06:30 PM
It surprised me after reading some of the answers people have given. I have no doubt in my mid that SEO is important and does work.

Shadow
03-01-2012, 04:09 AM
It does work - but for how long will your pages show in an uncertain algorithm? Simply until Google states the algorithm is perfected and the search engine is stable, I for one will not be worried about SEO for now. I certainly will not be breaking the bank - been there done that I am not doing it again... duh *facepalm* $3500 of SEO experts that know nothing, except state "This is not a guaranteed service as the Panda Algorithm is changeable." Hmmmm....

I do not blame any of you for taking SEO challenges, you will learn a great deal. I am still learning, but as I say if my pessimism help you guys understand a little more - then perhaps you may not fall into the traps that some have done before you - ALWAYS do your research on SEO companies, ASK for evidence of their services. DO NOT jump in feet first!

anthonyscott213
03-01-2012, 04:53 PM
SEO isn't effective at all anymore, it seems like everyone uses it and are getting good results. Do you have any statistics to back it up?

Shadow
03-01-2012, 10:34 PM
My stats are on page one for one of my sites using no SEO rules whatsoever - And who is saying they are having wonderful results? I see a lot of questions, a lot of learning experiences and a lot of websites on the up and down scale. You know why they are up and down? Because EVERYBODY is competing for the same keywords!!! It is as SIMPLE as that. As for SEO and PANDA... you are pretty naive if you think that you are on an easy ride to the top of the search engines if you do not have a large budget and ample time on your hands.

Do you think that because you might write 10 pages of content regarding a particular keyword that HEY PRESTO you will be in the top of Google Search Pages?

Months and years of dedication is needed - just because you might fluke a couple, it does not mean you will keep those pages in the top of the search engines -that is absolute claptrap if you think that - SEO is okay if you have a massive HIGH QUALITY site, if not say goodbye to your rank on the next bot action.

SEO is a myth, it WAS a great tool at one time, but nowadays it is all about luck of the draw - For Pete's sake I have a very good friend who works at a very large website, that is CONSISTENTLY on the top page. He is a SEO technician, a very good one, he works 10 hours a day and spare time in a highly paid job, with a massive budget and he only just manages to keep pages on the front page of the searches for the company's niche. Even he states that SEO has had its day, things are changing... you are better working on Latent Semantic Indexing of keywords (LSI), of course use routine SEO techniques... but do not expect miracles - that is just plain nuts in the current climates on the Internet.

I think you may think I do not know what I am talking about, believe me if you miss the LSI within SEO, then forget even trying because you have way too much competition.

I hate giving away too much information, but you pushed me to it lol

Here is a site that explains LSI http://www.bestseopluginforwordpress.com/lsi/what-are-lsi-keywords/ read it, enjoy it and use it... I DO KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT!

anthonyscott213
03-03-2012, 12:44 PM
Black hat search engine optimization which is typically distinct as the perform of using unprincipled techniques to lift your search ranking. Black hat SEOis together a legend and a actuality

anthonyscott213
03-03-2012, 12:46 PM
The basic in SEO have to typically discover the quantity of search phrases, usually wanted for their web pages. Even although you can ask the SEObooks,

Shadow
03-06-2012, 01:22 AM
Black hat search engine optimization which is typically distinct as the perform of using unprincipled techniques to lift your search ranking. Black hat SEOis together a legend and a actuality

Blackhat is a dog simple.

SpikeTheLobster
03-06-2012, 05:13 AM
I'm not saying it does not work TTN, I am saying that it is useless if your site is full of dross spammy content or it has its quality impaired with grammar errors and spelling mistakes - you can have the best SEO in the world but if your site is low on quality, you are dumped from the repeat visitor list and the algorithm catches your site, lowering it on the basis of quality - the algorithm is really that clever!

I think the argument here is a non-argument. On the one hand, you're saying "Google SEO is pointless" and on the other hand you're stating quite clearly that SEO is important.

It's a matter of clarity: what you REALLY meant to say is "traditional SEO techniques are pointless". SEO itself is as important as ever, since it is simply the act of optimising your site for the search engines and that will never be a waste of time. The techniques have changed, though, and rely much more heavily on quality content (as you say).

I see no reason to separate "publish high-quality content" from SEO, though - that kind of publishing is part of SEO (especially since Panda, in Google's case).

As I mentioned, a non-argument. More a clarification of the relative importance of *parts* of SEO, maybe? :)

kam112
03-06-2012, 07:29 AM
I agree that SEO is not as important now because Google's algorithms are changing constantly and they are making SEO less and less important with each update...

MyDigitalpoint
03-06-2012, 07:47 AM
I believe that problem with SEO is exactly focusing on search engines.

Sure, SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization, however SEO should be made with potential visitors in mind instead of thinking of search engine bots solely.

While Google algorithm is changing every now and then, if you do a quick research visiting some of those sites listed on top for a given keyword, you will see that content and optimization is aimed to feed crawlers, not for human rejoicing, with counted exceptions naturally.

I believe here is the point where SEO is failing because optimize for search engines is good, but give people what they are looking for must be always the ultimate goal, and SEO has degraded in this aspect.

adrienwelch183
03-06-2012, 05:09 PM
Google is no doubt the most famous search engine which provides various services to its users and generated revenues through advertisements also. Some people do use Yahoo.

Shadow
03-06-2012, 07:20 PM
I think the argument here is a non-argument. On the one hand, you're saying "Google SEO is pointless" and on the other hand you're stating quite clearly that SEO is important.

It's a matter of clarity: what you REALLY meant to say is "traditional SEO techniques are pointless". SEO itself is as important as ever, since it is simply the act of optimising your site for the search engines and that will never be a waste of time. The techniques have changed, though, and rely much more heavily on quality content (as you say).

I see no reason to separate "publish high-quality content" from SEO, though - that kind of publishing is part of SEO (especially since Panda, in Google's case).

As I mentioned, a non-argument. More a clarification of the relative importance of *parts* of SEO, maybe? :)

Well I do have several personalities - Yes you found me outm traditional SEO is useless the newer SEO techniques are much better, but NO BLACKHAT - if you are blackhatting you are ruining it for all of us - STOP IT :) (Not you Spike)

adrianpollard123
03-09-2012, 02:55 PM
Actually there is one setting that I have changed: In Google SEO Meta there is a box that asks if I want one or more forum NOT to be indexed. In my case I have fourm No. 4 in its entirety that is not to be indexed and forum 3.3 (i.e. subforum 3 within forum 3; not sure if there is a correct syntax for this). How do I go about it? For now I have entered "3,4" (no spaces in the string).

kerstanmark45
03-13-2012, 11:36 AM
SEO is not a lame method for doing the online marketing. In fact it is the best method to do the online marketing.

jimemerson7
03-16-2012, 12:44 PM
SEO is one of the most sought after things in todayís world especially with the fast paced life that all are leading. This eases the burden of online business a lot.

mrshalkol
03-16-2012, 02:38 PM
You donít need to spend much when it comes to the whole matter of search engine optimization or SEO. There are off page optimization techniques that are really effective.

Shadow
03-19-2012, 10:00 PM
Actually there is one setting that I have changed: In Google SEO Meta there is a box that asks if I want one or more forum NOT to be indexed. In my case I have fourm No. 4 in its entirety that is not to be indexed and forum 3.3 (i.e. subforum 3 within forum 3; not sure if there is a correct syntax for this). How do I go about it? For now I have entered "3,4" (no spaces in the string).

You should follow these rules really. http://support.google.com/webmasters/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=93708

Amdac
03-20-2012, 03:19 AM
Keep in mind that you're completely forgetting about the main factor for SERP. Quality links. Many people think they can slap keywords on a site and watch their site hit page 1 on google. It doesn't work that way.

Inbound links determine 70% of your SERP which are the most important factor. That's one of the reasons aged domains rank higher, they already have a massive link profile.

SEO is extremely important in ranking, many people just don't understand what it entails. Page content and keywords are only a tiny fraction. To say SEO doesn't work because your keywords aren't causing you to rank high is way off base. You've only done 5-10% of what SEO includes.

On a side note, the screenshot of your stats are from awstats which doesn't give an accurate description of real traffic. For example the awstats of one of my small sites says I receive 5000+ uniques/month. Google analytics says it receives 1000/month.

MustangV10
03-20-2012, 04:30 AM
It's not pointless, without it, the internet would be a very small and unknown world. Google does a lot of good for sites.

Shadow
03-20-2012, 04:57 AM
Keep in mind that you're completely forgetting about the main factor for SERP. Quality links. Many people think they can slap keywords on a site and watch their site hit page 1 on google. It doesn't work that way.

Inbound links determine 70% of your SERP which are the most important factor. That's one of the reasons aged domains rank higher, they already have a massive link profile.

SEO is extremely important in ranking, many people just don't understand what it entails. Page content and keywords are only a tiny fraction. To say SEO doesn't work because your keywords aren't causing you to rank high is way off base. You've only done 5-10% of what SEO includes.

On a side note, the screenshot of your stats are from awstats which doesn't give an accurate description of real traffic. For example the awstats of one of my small sites says I receive 5000+ uniques/month. Google analytics says it receives 1000/month.

Google analytic is classically erroneous - on the side of my awstats I have configured the geostats files to show unique IP addresses - Analytics misses a lot of proxy hits. Analytics is closely tied to Adsense and Adwords as a program - Google will say their data is correct, but when argued and proved wrong they usually cave in. Analytics should NOT be relied upon as a data tool.

For instance do you know the rule of JavaScript visitors? If JavaScript is disabled Analytics will not present it as a visit, but the visit is genuine - visitors using popup blockers/ad blockers do not count in most cases.

To say that Analytics is the be all and end all of correct stats is flawed in itself - all analytics tools are configured for data differently - If you configure AWStats in the TMP files to show IP and geolocation data you will get an accurate figure.

I agree with you regarding the rest - SEO is not as easy as what people assume, the laws have changed, the principles change daily and the SERPs fluctuate like a Yo-Yo.

To get the perfect SERPS and keep them you will need a team of highly paid individuals or you will forever be fighting a losing battle - That my friends is why there are people out there with highly paid jobs helping the big boys keep tabs in the search engines - think I am wrong?

Then I will personally recommend that all news website sack their highly paid SEO teams right here right now.

Amdac
03-20-2012, 06:04 AM
Google analytic is classically erroneous - on the side of my awstats I have configured the geostats files to show unique IP addresses - Analytics misses a lot of proxy hits. Analytics is closely tied to Adsense and Adwords as a program - Google will say their data is correct, but when argued and proved wrong they usually cave in. Analytics should NOT be relied upon as a data tool.

For instance do you know the rule of JavaScript visitors? If JavaScript is disabled Analytics will not present it as a visit, but the visit is genuine - visitors using popup blockers/ad blockers do not count in most cases.

To say that Analytics is the be all and end all of correct stats is flawed in itself - all analytics tools are configured for data differently - If you configure AWStats in the TMP files to show IP and geolocation data you will get an accurate figure.

Perhaps you can explain then why google analytics stats match the banner impressions displayed through a third party company for all of my sites? All of my stats match within a few percent, while awstats inflates numbers by over 500%.

I wish awstats were accurate, in that case I'd be pulling 75,000+ pageviews a month and would be making 5 times more from ads. But in reality, the site only pulls 12,000... not the 75k awstats claims. There's a reason that real advertisers laugh at awstats screenshots and demand something more reliable, such as google analytics.

MyDigitalpoint
03-20-2012, 06:43 AM
I don't trust in Google Analytics, but I'm convinced Awstats is not reporting accurately hits and impressions. This is easily found by comparing difference with your log files, but both of these stats reporting solutions doesn't help that much to work towards improving SEO for your pages.

Wish I could find a realiable analytics software to do this by myself installed on my own server.

OsvaldoLuis
03-20-2012, 07:24 AM
I dont like seo these days because in my opinion its difficult to do.You have to buy alot of services that build backlinks to you, build them yourself, pay people and others.I think that its not a good idea to do it.

Amdac
03-20-2012, 07:31 AM
I dont like seo these days because in my opinion its difficult to do.You have to buy alot of services that build backlinks to you, build them yourself, pay people and others.I think that its not a good idea to do it.

It's not a good idea to build backlinks for your site? :confused:

It costs you nothing to create your own backlinks via article submissions, forum posts, etc.

OsvaldoLuis
03-20-2012, 07:33 AM
It's not a good idea to build backlinks for your site? :confused:

It costs you nothing to create your own backlinks via article submissions, forum posts, etc.
Yes but i forgot to mention that the majority of the people that have more money than you to start get better services to rank better.

Amdac
03-20-2012, 07:41 AM
Yes but i forgot to mention that the majority of the people that have more money than you to start get better services to rank better.

So we should just not try then? :confused:

You basically just said it's "not a good idea" to promote your site and try to build a link profile.

Hardison
03-20-2012, 07:52 AM
So we should just not try then? :confused:

You basically just said it's "not a good idea" to promote your site and try to build a link profile.

This type of attitude one of the biggest reasons people fail. They have decided something doesn't work before they even try.

dexterlablab1
03-20-2012, 08:32 AM
Pointless? Hardly

If anything, google SEO is THE most essential out of any. More people using google than all the other search engines combined. So google is pretty much the end all, be all. SEO for google is a necessity, not a luxury if you want your site to thrive.

vivienadmar
03-20-2012, 12:59 PM
SEO is not dead. It depends on which to build back links and how the competition of the keyword. There are a lot of SEO case study indicates that it is a kick SEO is still alive. So my advice to you, do not give up immediately.

clarkgoran
04-04-2012, 04:11 PM
SEO is the most effective thing for the website promotion. It is a free promotion for the sites and thus, you have to be very careful about it.

moonpeach
04-04-2012, 07:07 PM
No i wouldent say that Google SEO is pointless because SEO is important on several factors, if you want your website to get anywhere you need to do some decent SEO on it, for exmaple SEO will get you higher in the google search rankings and surely that is a good thing.... right?

Germs
04-04-2012, 11:59 PM
What are you talking about?

SEO is just as important now as it ever was.

stevendyer
04-05-2012, 04:39 PM
The thing called as SEO is not passed on. It hinge on the key word opposition and how you are constructing those much needed BL or backlinks.

wilderthornton44
04-06-2012, 11:35 AM
I resembling the Google as it gives the pertinent consequence then the supplementary search engine and in addition has a plenty of pages and sites

wilderthornton44
04-06-2012, 11:44 AM
SEO is very significant for raising your site in each admiration. It helps to make or correct websites by civilizing the web page content, mega tags, keyword placements, outlooks and web traffic.

firstplace421
04-06-2012, 01:34 PM
SEO has never lost it's importance in the Internet. Here is why most SEOs fail at improving their ranks and it's always been said by Matt Cutts. You have to provide service to your visitors first before spiders. I forgot how he worded it but it meant the same. I have been an SEO for 3 years and I would admit that I am a failure, and the reason for that is procrastination. Take action and do what you have to do until you start seeing some results.

chritopher01
04-06-2012, 05:42 PM
The guidelines that have been mentioned here for the SEO stages are really very useful. They are good for the people who are not sure about the way of going about the whole process.

moon
04-06-2012, 06:56 PM
I have read that google will introduce the over-optimization penalty that will penalize websites that over-seo their websites. Google will also balance the playing field a bit against those that do great seo and those that don't. I think it is a great idea that content would be king in the end but I don't know how they will implement it though.

collinhenry04
04-07-2012, 12:00 PM
To get the most benefit out of these backlinks you need to be using a keyword within the link back to your site (as noted in #5 above) and that link needs to point to the specific page on your site where you talk about that keyword.

edvardsmith33
04-13-2012, 01:14 PM
SEO is not dead. It depends on keyword competition, as well as how to set up the reverse. SEO case studies show that, SEO is still alive and kicking. I suggest that you do not give up so fast.

bobwashington7
06-15-2012, 01:54 PM
The guiding principles that have really been declared here for the SEO stage are in fact very valuable. They are decent for the individuals who are not definite about the method of going about the entire procedure.

Siddika
06-15-2012, 05:38 PM
You can use cousin keywords also... but avoid stuffing or your site with cousin keywords as it will be seen as spammy in the algorithm.

What are cousin keywords?

koyn
06-18-2012, 06:34 AM
BLACKHAT SEO is pointless. For too long have low quality websites been dominating 1st page results by spamming backlinks on multiple sites. Panda has removed these kinds of sites because they're truly not the best results for user searches. If you do whitehat SEO then you'll be fine. Software like senuke or xrummer will only kill your website and possibly sandbox it.

christnonani
06-19-2012, 04:56 PM
Google has strict algorithm and hence the SEO work for Google become very tough. So, if you want your site to get indexed at Google, you have to hire experienced SEO.

Waynefire
06-20-2012, 08:08 AM
SEO is falling back, but if you know how to work it the system still works. The problem is Google keeps making so many changes it makes it seem like anything we do will not work. Until the updates are done, we can have issues ranking for anything.

penguinishere
06-22-2012, 08:35 AM
Google is showing webmasters that they need to change their method of attack. Basic SEO practices aren't going to work anymore. Now you have to be smart to stay ahead of the curve. Google is making it harder for you to rank, and SEO is slowly being phased out. I'm sure that there will be a point that SEO will become completely irrelevant. I've started to focus on writing great content, rather than finding keywords and building backlinks. I manually do everything, so I can know exactly what links are going to each site. I'm more careful not to just drop links everywhere like I did before. In a couple of years SEO will be dead and Google will judge your site solely on your content, and audience engagement.

Soulfully
06-22-2012, 09:57 AM
I often write articles on various subjects and every one of them are on page 1 or 2 of Google for their keywords. I stick to a few simple rules when I write an article. 1. Original content over 600 words. 2. keywords in url, title, description and throughout the body. 3. Vary anchor text on different forums related to my article. 4. Check article for grammar mistakes and keep paragraphs down to 3-4 sentences at the most.

megasofttechno
10-10-2012, 01:37 AM
Well I am totally agreed with you,
SEO have no important these days.
I have a very unique seo friendly content for my website and I also have good visitors around 50-60 per day but I am not getting good results for my website.

WHUK
10-12-2012, 03:21 PM
Google SEO is the best was of creating a good web presence. It is beneficial for establishing a brand as well. However the SEO strategies must be planned in accordance with the Google Algorithms for getting the best results.

gowerclark125
10-15-2012, 01:19 PM
Google has a very unique way of indexing websites, wherein it makes use of GoogleBot, Indexer and Query processor to perform this task.

James Donovan
10-16-2012, 05:27 AM
SEO is not useless today, yes today Google is making strict algorithms and today webmasters are focusing on quality work.

James Donovan
10-31-2012, 01:33 AM
I actually don't agree with this because i feel it is most important thing to promote your keyword, unless you do it the correct way.

bobpoe34
12-11-2012, 02:59 PM
They are decent individuals who do not clear the whole process method.