PDA

View Full Version : The New Panda

j_pin
02-18-2012, 07:56 AM
I was reading something to that was suggesting that a newer google algorithm will be out within a year's time. When Panda came out, a lot of people's website massively dropped in the ratings. How can we prepare for this? I have a few top ranking keyword sites and I don't want to lose my income.

Any ideas or suggestions? Anyone heard/know anything about the new algorithm?

Jessi
02-18-2012, 08:42 AM
I have no idea what will be coming with the next algorithm change and haven't heard about it at all. I think the only suggestion I can make is to just keep doing what you're doing, keep things whitehat, and really pump up your content. That way, even if you drop in rankings for some keywords, you may come out on top with other ones when things are changed.

j_pin
02-18-2012, 04:16 PM
Thank you guys. This is good advice.

How much content to you post on your blogs per day? All original?

internetmarketingsmarts
02-18-2012, 09:36 PM
Google is constantly updating their algorithm on hourly and daily basis. So it's always changing. Some bigger updates do happen on these "D-Days" but for the most part you're always experiencing them. So I wouldn't be too worried about what they do plan to do because you can't really control that. You can only react to it when it happens like the rest of us do. For the most part there are certain things that will always play a part in your SEO. That is valuable and regular content which provides value to your users and isn't just about selling. The next is getting backlinks from various trusted resources over time and continuously. So I think if you have those two major areas covered on a regular basis you'll be fine no matter what they do.

Tiffany
02-18-2012, 10:00 PM
I think that rather than trying to work out how google comes up with these algorithms or how they work, you should just carry on in the usual way with your site. Yes, it is important to have high rankings on google, but it's not the be all and end all. If your site is popular enough with the real community anyway, you should be able to get decent amounts of traffic. Just carry on in the same way as you have so far. As others have said, google is always changing its ranking and indexing parameters, so just go with the flow.

Jessi
02-19-2012, 12:52 PM

Me personally? I post 4-5 times weekly and about 90% of it is original. Technically the other 10% is still me putting it together myself, but I often feature other people's photos or I'll copy/paste a quote into my own. I always give credit to the source and don't act as though it's my own, but that does still put it in the "not original" category, I suppose.

Talk Tech News
02-19-2012, 06:23 PM
I have not heard anything about a new algorithm yet but it doesn't matter. As long as you are creating fresh content regularly and driving traffic to your site, you have nothing to worry about.

Shadow
02-21-2012, 01:06 AM
Google is constantly updating their algorithm on hourly and daily basis. So it's always changing. Some bigger updates do happen on these "D-Days" but for the most part you're always experiencing them. So I wouldn't be too worried about what they do plan to do because you can't really control that. You can only react to it when it happens like the rest of us do. For the most part there are certain things that will always play a part in your SEO. That is valuable and regular content which provides value to your users and isn't just about selling. The next is getting backlinks from various trusted resources over time and continuously. So I think if you have those two major areas covered on a regular basis you'll be fine no matter what they do.

This ^^^^ and it exactly why you should not be bothering too much about algorithms - *facepalm* Over 500 every year! http://www.seomoz.org/google-algorithm-change

NEW PANDA??? No such thing as yet.

dripworld
02-21-2012, 01:23 AM

Well apparently I am not posting presently as there is some work and the articles need some images which I need to capture from nearby park. I would post only three per week, but looking to increase in future as I have to maintain other sites also.

Talk Tech News
02-21-2012, 01:37 AM
If you can post daily then it will really help your traffic short term and long term.

Shadow
02-21-2012, 08:27 PM
Even if you post just one article a day it helps - How about employing someone from http://textbroker.com ?

bryce12
02-21-2012, 09:23 PM
Google tweaks its algorithm regularly though not all changes are as drastic as the Panda update. It is best to focus on high quality content and get backlinks from authority sites rather than constantly worry about the Google updates. If you do not indulge in any shady or blackhat techniques then you have no reason to fear from gogle changes.

Shadow
02-21-2012, 11:04 PM
Google tweaks its algorithm regularly though not all changes are as drastic as the Panda update. It is best to focus on high quality content and get backlinks from authority sites rather than constantly worry about the Google updates. If you do not indulge in any shady or blackhat techniques then you have no reason to fear from gogle changes.

Ding dong "Avon calling" :p Exactly Bryce