PDA

View Full Version : What is Google dance?

seobuzz
01-05-2012, 03:30 AM
In many SEO blogs and in other place also, I have heard this term numerous times. I tried what exactly they were referring by 'google dance' , but never I could understand it properly. So can anyone here explain this scenario to me and other members in a simple way?

pooja dahiya
01-05-2012, 02:37 PM
My friend, Google Dance is use to describe the index update of Google and Google index update occurred in once a month. During an index update there is a significant movement in search results and Google showed new backward links for pages.

seo_
01-05-2012, 09:44 PM
Mate, I think it is not that much difficult. To tell you more easily, every month google sends outs its crawler to crawl the net in order to archive all the sites. When it finds any new sites it indexes it during its next update so, that the viewers can come to know about it. This is what is meant by 'google dance'.
Generally, upates are made at the time interval of 30 days but, sometimes, it may even take more days.

trentz
01-06-2012, 03:38 PM
I'm not sure if google dance still occurs till now. Haven't heard of the term since 2010. But google dance simply refer to the change of your ranking from google search to a particular keyword. You site may rank at the bottom today but tomorrow it may be on the first and again changes the next day, this is the dance.

dripworld
01-06-2012, 04:38 PM
Google dance is nothing just it changes your site to first place or first five pages once in a month. They may check for new sites which are performing well. If any new sites are good they will changed in next update.

w_hub
01-07-2012, 03:58 AM
I don't think that there is any need to fear about Google dance. If our site is relevant, then there is no need to panic. Even if our site gets displaced from a good position, we must wait and watch out.

seo_
01-08-2012, 09:41 PM
Patience matters the most for achieving a good rank in Google.If you have the believe that you have good site as compared to others, although your site ranks last, it will definitely appear as the top.

mikelray031
01-13-2012, 06:41 PM
Though, people don’t come up with these complains often for Google but there are times when a plugin doesn’t respond or a website has excessively used flash controls.

PAULANEALMOONEY
01-26-2012, 12:49 AM
Yes, the "Google dance" refers to the fact that one day you may rank #1 for a term like "Hot Rollers" or whatever, and then you check it again another week and you've dropped down to #8 for that keyword -- but then another week you might jump back up to #3 for that search term.

It refers to your website or pages dancing all over Google's results until they settle someplace in some position like #2 or whatever for a good time. But then even folks who thought their Google rankings were solidified at #1 or close to it for years found a great shift after the Google Panda update.

dripworld
01-27-2012, 09:15 PM
Though, people don’t come up with these complains often for Google but there are times when a plugin doesn’t respond or a website has excessively used flash controls.
I didn't get what you have said. Can you elaborate your question some more. Flash websites are bad for seo and they don't rank high as per my view.
Google only send traffic to all the sites so they make changes once in six months or 3 months.

anthonyscott213
03-01-2012, 05:06 PM
The issue called the Google Dance has every so often used to clarify index apprise of Google. Google's index apprise ensued on a standard of once per month.

brentdavis42
03-03-2012, 12:48 PM
You have to construct your site extremely cautiously set several further normal substance to it. investigate additional for your place and connecting associates contact them and inquire for relations.

taniasharma
03-03-2012, 06:50 PM
Google Dance is a time period in which Google update their data using collect data from their other servers and you get high fluctuation in ranking of your website. Suppose Google collect their data from your local server and the same time, you check the ranking of your website in Google and you get high fluctuation in ranking like disappear your website or your website rank in top.. etc. Actually these are not real results of particular server, which you target. It are the actual results of particular server, which is use by Google for provide you the results. It is not for long time. With in few days, you get your actual ranking again.

parker1234
03-05-2012, 07:30 PM
Simply it could be said as the fluctuation in keywords of SERP due to changes in its algorithm or data that it has in its database

bryce12
03-05-2012, 11:55 PM
Let's say you have a website with 100 backlinks ranked at 10th position on 1st page. Then you do some more backlinking and create 1000 backlinks to your site. You expect the rank to get better but what you'll see is your site may be on 5th page instead of the usual 1st page. As soon as Google indexes your backlinks it evaluates how to rank your website. This causes the rank to fluctuate for some days before settling to an improved position (in many cases).

Shadow
03-06-2012, 01:26 AM
Yes, the "Google dance" refers to the fact that one day you may rank #1 for a term like "Hot Rollers" or whatever, and then you check it again another week and you've dropped down to #8 for that keyword -- but then another week you might jump back up to #3 for that search term.

It refers to your website or pages dancing all over Google's results until they settle someplace in some position like #2 or whatever for a good time. But then even folks who thought their Google rankings were solidified at #1 or close to it for years found a great shift after the Google Panda update.

My point exactly from my is SEO pointless thread. Two days on top does not constitute excellence and value for money with SEO - I still think the best option is a hugely successful index page and link your content from there. Ok use SEO in your other atricles, but keep tinkering with your index page to include your best keywords. LINKY LINKY index page - always a good bonus if you can get it right.

mrshalkol
03-16-2012, 02:45 PM
We have to agree with a lot of people that the Google search engine has really been the bets search engine for this decade and other decades to come.

jeweling
03-16-2012, 05:35 PM
when google update it's data,you will find out many websites' ranking are not stable.

Fdrix
03-21-2012, 02:32 AM
Well in my opinion Google dance is the time period in which a site's rankings fluctuate in Google search engine.

collinhenry04
04-07-2012, 12:10 PM
As with any good web developer, the ability to time the changes Google will update your website and refresh the content for better SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is in your favor. Welcome to the world of "Google Dance".

firstplace421
04-07-2012, 04:42 PM
Google Dance is a fast evaluation of every website there is on the net. If your is currently ranking at the first page and your blog is new, then suddenly after a month you found out it fell to the 3rd page of the SERPS. That is because your site have been evaluated and placed in it's right spot for the quality of all the links to your site. Then after you have added more quality links then it's place will go up again. Your site has already been indexed but it's only temporary, that's why they have to do a google quick evaluation.

Randomhero
04-07-2012, 05:02 PM
I think the google dance is when your like page rank 1 then google changes the algorithm and you fall to like page 10? Maybe not idk just guessed lol :)

imda1234
04-09-2012, 01:40 AM
The name "Google Dance" is often used to describe the index update of the Google search engine. Google's index update occurs on average once per month. It can be identified by significant movement in search results and especially by Google's cache of all indexed pages reflecting the status of Google's last spidering. But the update does not proceed as a switch from one index to another at one point in time. In fact, it takes several days to complete the index update. During this period, the old and the new index alternate on www.google.com. At an early stage, the results from the new index occur sporadically. But later on, they appear more frequently. Google dances.

Germs
04-09-2012, 02:11 AM
Google dance can last for a long time, my worst experience was having a site dance for 6months before finally settling out and staying at that number 1 spot.

fizzer
05-03-2012, 06:03 AM
The name "Google Dance" is often used to describe the period when a major index update of the Google search engine is being implemented. These major Google index updates occur on average every 36 days - or 10 times per year

jacksonperezy
04-26-2013, 09:08 PM
Google Dance shows the simple fluctuation in SERP rank for keyword. As the same term is called Google Dance.

Kim Meredith Smith
05-03-2013, 02:44 PM
According to me Google Dance there may be fluctuations in Google algorithm.

johnmacklen
05-09-2013, 01:46 PM
In search engine optimization (SEO), Google Dance is an out-dated slang term used to describe the period of time in which Google used to rebuild its rankings, and as a result of this rebuilding, rankings of Web sites on Google's SERP may fluctuate in order during a several day period.

The "Google Dance" would happen anywhere up to 36 times per year, however in 2003 Google begun updating its index on a weekly basis, which all but eliminated the Google Dance.

scalemanager
09-27-2016, 08:03 PM
Describes in some technical detail how Google updates its index.

Thoughtgrid
10-12-2016, 05:08 PM
The ability to the time changes google update your website and refresh the content of better seo google dance it is a simply pre determination of when actual update is begin so this process is known as google dance.