bulk email server

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Share Thread: Content sites

Feedback Score

Content sites

VPS Hosting
    Are you a content writer? Are there any good sites you work for? Or do you do private work? Most of my work at the moment is for individuals but I am always looking for new avenues of income.

Feedback Score
    I mainly write for private clients too. I personally think this is the best way of earning the most money. With content sites, although they tend to have a quite a large pool of work to choose from, they take quite a large portion of the money for themselves as they're acting like a middle man and attracting the clients. When working privately you have much more control over how much to charge.

I wrote for Demand Studios for a while but they rarely have new titles up any more.

Feedback Score
    Try going to fiverr.com or seoclerks.com. I offered my services to these sites and I somehow got clients from time to time. Once you get a good ratings, you'll see these clients will becommingback for more.

Feedback Score
    Since you are looking for new avenues you can try i writer where you can take up projects and the pay is decent too. Another site where you can write is constant content, but the site guidelines are extremely strict, and one bad article they chuck you out. If you have a large inventory of articles, yo can try selling your usage rights in article me for some extra bucks.

Feedback Score
    I've written for Examiner.com since 2009, and I still write for them today. They have an application process whereby you submit samples of your writing, and if you're approved, you can begin writing articles and hopefully making money if you get enough pageviews. It's running about a $7 CPM right now.

I've also written for AssociatedContent.com, which is now called Yahoo! Contributor's Network, but I don't write much for them anymore.

Both sites were affected by the Google Panda update -- so I like to vary my means and methods of making money.

Feedback Score
    I provided ghost services for a cosmetics blog and wrote for Demand Studios, 2 years ago. Changes with Google pretty much ended work with Demand and I did not renew my contract with the blog, due to health issues. I have some VERY old articles with Associated Content, now Yahoo Contributor's Network. I still get payments but not nearly enough to live on.

I would love writing for a content site on a per word basis, but not revenue share. Revenue share does more to enrich the website's owner and payments are too unpredictable. If I write 200 words, I expect payment for 200 words.

I do not look for new ghost assignments, right now, but would love a reasonable client.

I found Bella Online has an editor's training program, but I have not explored the payment structure or the application process. If anyone has any information about Bella Online, please let us know!
    Last edited by MercyL; 01-26-2012 at 01:28 AM.

Feedback Score
    I used to write for demand studios but haven't been there for a while now. I've just started writing for Helium, no earnings yet but it's very early days and I only have a few articles so far.

Feedback Score
    I've done a bit of each, really. I've written for crap pay on blogs, blogged for myself, written content for the directories, created stuff for individuals, had regular clients, found work through the bidding sites and done stuff like book editing (as well as publishing my own).

Direct to client work always pays better than article directories, since you're getting paid per word rather than per 1,000 hits but the residual income's nice to have. Unfortunately it also relies on the site being reliable which is costing Helium writers at the moment (since the buyout) and AC writers for a while (since Yahoo keeps changing the name of the site, which just confuses matters - it's now Yahoo Voices).

The content mills pay really bad. iWriter works out at less than $5 per 500 words unless you're at the top end of their ranking (and even then it's not guaranteed). Demand Studios has clamped down and closed their doors, pretty much. TextBroker's limping along with a slump in work, though they've opened a UK/EU site so there's hope there.

Constant Content gets MUCH better prices than the majority because it's a marketplace rather than a mill. But then they take 30% commission and have stricter editorial guidelines than most other places (which keeps quality very high).

Personally, I like the direct, regular clients. Right now I don't have a lot of time for it with a couple of site launches and other projects in the pipeline but if a behemoth came along, I'd grab it with both hands.
    Learn how to set up a vps - at least the basics!

Feedback Score
    Textbroker.com again there are rules and ratings but you can get a lot of work in a short period of time from the list if your are good writer.

Voices at Yahoo! is suffering massively because of the search engine wars... I have started my own place for press releases now, this seems to be working in conjunction with ads.

Feedback Score
    iwriter has worked out really well for me and I really like the site. Cannot get accepted on CC which is frustrating. I will take a look at textbroker. Thanks for your input everyone.

Feedback Score
    you could try fiverr, work like 2 hours a day could get you like $20 a day? that's not to bad

Feedback Score
    I'm with Spike in that writing for a specific client brings in real money - way more than $10 an hour for that type of work for anyone who can truly write. I'll stick to writing for clients through my own business and my own stuff (blogs and eBooks).
    Tash
    Helping businesses & websites communicate clearly
    Get tips & ideas at Word Constructions

Feedback Score
    I currently actively use ExpertsColumn and WikiNut, I have also just joined iWriter as to see how that fairs out.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Textbroker.com again there are rules and ratings but you can get a lot of work in a short period of time from the list if your are good writer.
    Are they still good? I'd heard their job list has dried up, pretty much, since they shut down the whole DS side of things and all that. Contrarily, they've opened a .co.uk version (which apparently is also pretty empty at the moment).

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Voices at Yahoo! is suffering massively because of the search engine wars... I have started my own place for press releases now, this seems to be working in conjunction with ads.
    That place has been on the decline since they sold to Yahoo. Says a lot for big business, eh?

Shame, really - AC was great back in the day. Hopefully they'll pull it out of the fire before Yahoo totally fries it.

Feedback Score
    I've done nearly everything... I had to go through a lot of stages before I truly found out what type of content I like to write and who I like to target when I write.

Feedback Score
    I do a little bit of everything! I help my readers of my blogs, write a few blogs, sometimes write articles for direct clients, and I write on hubpages and textbroker. This isn't all I do, but it is most of my writing. I haven't lately, but in the past I have written for Associated Content-which is now Yahoo Voices (I found out today) but I no longer write there for upfront payments. Hubpages is a fun site, but it is not upfront payments. It really is a fun site with a supportive community tho.

Feedback Score
    Personally, I prefer to write for websites that afford me to earn a passive income. I don't like working directly with clients because I hate the pressure and stress of working with a deadline. Currently, I have stopped writing articles and am mainly doing republishing of my articles to ExpertsColumn. I have articles published at Bukisa, Helium and Triond.

Feedback Score
    I do freelance content writing.

Sometimes I take on pay jobs for it at some of the freelance websites around. But sometimes I also put up some of my works on sites like Triond.com

Feedback Score
    I also do freelance content writing. I find out the jobs from various freelancer site and from some forum.

If You have any work let me know i can start asap.

Thank you................................

Feedback Score

Content

Designing a good website that accommodates a lot of content is a tricky balancing act to pull off . Invigorate your site with content from many different sources .

Sarkari Naukri