bulk email server

Share Thread: Website review

Feedback Score

Website review

VPS Hosting
    Hey guys! Any chance of a review of http://www.firstaidforfree.com - its based off Wordpress using a slightly customised theme. Cheers! John

Feedback Score
    nice site and its clean. however you are offering something that users who are interested would somehow want videos not just slide shows. but all in all you its a great because your offering it for free.

Feedback Score
    Nice site. Straight to the point and provides quick clean access to your buttons/menus.

Feedback Score
    As above, nice clean site, easy to navigate....good work

Feedback Score
    I like it very easy to navigate, now just add some more content make sure it's unique throw up some Adsense ads and bring home the bacon! lol, naw just kidding I mean if that's not your thing, I'm impressed though good job!

Feedback Score
    The layout is nice and easy to navigate, but something is missing. I think you should cover first aid topics that aren't so general. You need to find a niche because everyone is writing about first aid. I love that you offer an online first aid course though; that is different. I also love that you made a Facebook and Twitter. As I was browsing the site I looked for an about me section. I think you should introduce yourself. A lot of people are going to wonder what makes you qualified to give first aid advice.

Feedback Score
    I like it. I particularly like that you are offering an online course and quizzes.

I would like to see more images on the pages. Using featured images on the blog would make it look attractive.

I does need more content but I'm guessing you'll be adding that as you go along. I was surprised though that you're not using the latest CPR advice which is to pretty much forget about the breathing and just concentrate on the chest compressions, doing them in time to the tune of "Staying Alive".

Feedback Score
    Clean site. Your sliders are a little off it seems. The green first aid one looks kinda childish. And some of the pictures do not fit in the slider completely. I would center them or use bugger photos.

Feedback Score
    Clean site that is easy to use. I like the way this site was set up =D.

Feedback Score
    Great site, but how do you base something off of wordpress? I am interested in getting a new website up and running, and I want to know. Can you modify and make webmastering code in Wordpress and then move it to a dot.com?

Feedback Score
    You can't really go too far wrong with WordPress. That said, I found the site "felt" disorganised, probably because of the layout.

Some thoughts:

1. On the main page, you're wasting almost the entire first page. I like the big navigation header with the easy buttons but the HUGE section underneath is completely useless - the image slider is enormous and not very interesting and the text on the left doesn't grab the reader's attention. I'd suggest making the slider half its current size (on both axes) and using the extra horizontal space for the text. (So you'd have that entire section half as tall, with the text taking up 3/4 of the page width and the slider 1/4.)

2. The real reason people will come to the blog is for the information. At the moment, you've pushed almost everything off the front page. The "above the fold" section (landing page before they scroll) needs to be enticing to the reader. With the top section shorter, you can get a few post extracts onto the screen - ideally with thumbnail images to attract attention.

3. Get rid of the second sidebar. Move the ads down below the fold, under the Twitter and Facebook subscriptions. Google does not like people putting their ads above the fold. Add an email subscription widget and perhaps recent posts or popular posts or the most important ones.

4. The footer is fine, though it's odd having the search box down there. Incidentally, "All rights reserved" doesn't really mean anything these days, so you only need the copyright part.

The single post pages - the blog entries - also feel disorganised. Perhaps it's because of the fonts and all the white space. Perhaps it's the lack of any kind of lines or zone definition... I don't know... it just feels messy and open.

1. You have too many ads on the single post pages above the fold. A banner under the title AND a box at the top of the sidebar is overwhelming, especially when they see there's also a banner under the post. More ads does NOT mean more clicks: in general, it means more annoyed readers! Personally, I'd keep the top banner and move the sidebar one down to the bottom, underneath the subscriptions (which should be at the top so people see them) and recent posts. You might prefer to keep the bottom banner, though.

2. Personally, I'd also make the ads stand out a bit better, so people don't confuse them with the content. Yes, I know that's a "legitimate" tactic but it's also one that really gets some people's backs up (mine included), so a simple border around them would make things clearer.

3. You might want to put a VERY clear alert/disclaimer on the content that could be distressing (like the burns part of the course, which has some less-than-pleasant images in it).

Hope it helps.

Feedback Score
    Website is cool, apply some widgets and good content for health services.

Feedback Score
    The Website is simple and good.

Feedback Score
    Nice WordPress template in your website, need to add some more content in the websites to get more impression to visitor.
    Comm100 - Leading Live Chat Software Provider

Feedback Score
    Nice Site, it's looks like Professional. Great efforts. Do more work on it, Best of luck....

Feedback Score
    Wordpress basic theme, content and adsense - heh, beautifull mfa man I like it

Feedback Score
    Website is cool and creative .Post some contents and some widgets do social media of it.

Feedback Score
    good site,i like the site,straight to the point,great effort and work