bulk email server

Share Thread: Google Search Tricks

Feedback Score

Google Search Tricks

VPS Hosting
    There are many ways you can search for information on Google. You can use the broad search where you just input the keyword or you can ask Google do an exact search by putting the keywords in quotation marks. The following are other Google search tricks you can use :

1. site search : searching within a specific domain for example if you only want results from Wikipedia then you input :
    site:wikipedia.org "SEO" and Google will only search Wikipedia for your query.

2. link search : searching for sites that link to another website. For example : link:wikipedia.org will yield a result of all websites linking back to Wikipedia.

3. related search : Google will search for sites related to the website in question. For example : related:wikipedia.org will list a result of all websites that are similar to Wikipedia.

There are other cool Google search tricks. For more click here.

Do you know other Google search tricks that you personally use?

Feedback Score
    Thanks for posting the link. I wasn't aware of few of them (like ~). As far as their use is concerned, well I use them all the time for my keyword research. Here are the most common operators that I use

intitle:"acne" site:wikipedia.org - will give only the pages from Wikipedia which have the word acne in title
    inurl:"acne" site:wikipedia.org - will give only the pages from Wikipedia which have the word acne in the URL
    filetype: pdf - will search only in specified file type (in this case PDF)
    site:.edu - will search only .EDU sites

If you come across more, please post them here.

Bryce

Feedback Score
    I use google keywords tool, not much of a "trick" but it helps me find my niche.

Feedback Score
    Using quotations to make your search more specific is a great little method, only learned about it this year.

Good post, will help new members

Feedback Score
    If you want to know what a word means, you can search for a definition (just entering the word works but brings up uses of it as well as a definition so sometimes is of little value).

example - definition:aural will give you definitions of the word aural.
    Tash
    Helping businesses & websites communicate clearly
    Get tips & ideas at Word Constructions

Feedback Score
    As as side to Google search tricks, I also like to share some fun Google search you can try.

1. Type "do a barrel roll" (without the quotation marks) in Google search box and press Enter. And see what happen.

2. Type "tilt" (without quotation marks) in Google search box and press Enter.

3. Type "Google gravity" (without quotation marks) in Google search box and click on I'm Feeling Lucky. Google Instant must be disabled for this to work.

Have fun.

Feedback Score
    Nice article you posted. Actually covered everything and a bit more. Fairly certain I only knew bout the site searching site:wikipedia.org but other two will be useful as well.

Feedback Score
    As as side to Google search tricks, I also like to share some fun Google search you can try.

1. Type "do a barrel roll" (without the quotation marks) in Google search box and press Enter. And see what happen.

2. Type "tilt" (without quotation marks) in Google search box and press Enter.

3. Type "Google gravity" (without quotation marks) in Google search box and click on I'm Feeling Lucky. Google Instant must be disabled for this to work.

Have fun.

Feedback Score
    Use the related: operator to find pages that have similar content by typing related: followed by the website address. For instance, if you find a website you like, try using relatedinsert URL) to locate similar websites.

Feedback Score
    There are numerous search tricks on Google. TIME magazine has a great article that you can find online, but here are some to get you started:

1. Use quotes to search for an exact phrase
    2. Use the minus sign to eliminate results containing certain words
    3. On Google News, search archives from the mid-1880s.
    4. Compare foods using vs.

Feedback Score
    1. Searching within a specific domain for example if you only want results from Wikipedia then you input
    site: wikipedia.org "SEO" and Google will only search Wikipedia for your query.

2. Searching for sites that link to another website.
    For example link: wikipedia.org will yield a result of all websites linking back to Wikipedia.

3. Google will search for sites related to the website in question.
    For example: wikipedia.org will list a result of all websites that are similar to Wikipedia.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for creating this nice thread that give some great idea to make Google search more amazing.
    Click here to visit on Guest Post Service Guest Posting Service & Premium Guest Posting Service