bulk email server

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Feedback Score

How often do you clean the computer from inside?

VPS Hosting
    I think keeping your motherboard, processor away from the dust particles is the most tedious thing to do.

Couple of times, my computer was not booting up due to so much dust in the RAM socket!

Since then, I take due care to clean my computer from inside, weekly or biweekly!

What about you? How often you clean your computer?

Feedback Score
    I rarely clean the computer from inside. once in 6 months may be i clean it. There is no need as the amount of dust inside is less at my place.
    Its been 5 years since i assembled my PC and its still working fine and rocking

Feedback Score
    I clean mine every few months. When I had a laptop, I would clean it more frequently than that because I had issues with overheating and I didn't want dust to make it even worse.

Feedback Score
    Jeez.. I'd like to tell you, but I really can't remember the last time I did. I should probably start doing it, as it is probably beneficial in the maintenance of all the parts on the inside.

Feedback Score
    Once a month, at least. My computer likes to overheat and I can't risk it shutting down or in the worst case scenario, starting a fire.

Feedback Score
    Usually every 3 months, my computer runs on air cooling and I have 3200rpm fans running on it so it gathers dust very fast.

Feedback Score
    I'm using a computer where the components are build into t he back of the screen so luckly I never have to do any of the typical cleaning. I just wipe down the screen and I'm done.

Feedback Score
    I think that a lot of people think that because their PC is working fine at the moment that they do not need to clean it. However, you should clean it as regularly as possible, it is prevention, rather than cure. It's the same with back up, just because your hard drive is working today, it may not be tomorrow. I clean my technology once a week and I am sure that it has extended its life.

Feedback Score
    I don't regularly clean my computer. If I feel like I have to clear the things that I put on top of it, I sometimes clean the dusts inside of it. If sometimes the computer has errors like beeps when booting, I tend to clean the RAM modules and also the dusts in it. If I also see that the temperature gets hotter than usual, I clean it and replace the thermal paste. I don't have a consistent date whenever I clean it, it just depend to situation.

Feedback Score
    LOL, I only clean the insides of my computer when there's a perceived need... i.e. when it won't boot up, when I'm adding or changing components and when we have a power outage. My desktop runs 24/7 most of the time so I don't have much time cleaning the thing. Only when the previous conditions happen then is it time for cleaning.

Feedback Score
    I've only done it twice, hopefully I won't have to again.

Feedback Score
    ^I know it's a pain to clean the goddamn computer.

Feedback Score
    about once every 3 months, dust builds up quickly!

Feedback Score
    Another way to look at it is like a car. How can you get in a car everyday, drive around and expect it to just work. It needs looking after.

Feedback Score
    I have my desktop open (the side panel is open so I can see inside). Whenever I see there is some dust buildup I turn off the computer and give it a nice cleaning session . This happens probably every 2-3 months.

Feedback Score
    I clean my computer probably once every 3 to 6 months depending how loud the fan gets due to all the dust that has built up. A nice burst with a vacuum cleaner gets rid of the huge pile ups of dust especially aorund the fans. Luckily my computer is relatively easy to open up and clean as it's not cramped which lets me clean it all up within a few seconds.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SearchNut View Post
    I've only done it twice, hopefully I won't have to again.
    then you may be disappointed to hear that you will have to do it again, sorry that's just they way it is, the computer needs constant maintenance

Feedback Score
    Usually I will clean my PC twice a month. If I get a chance I will ask my brother or sister to do that job.

Feedback Score
    Funny. This very morning, I was thinking that I need to clean my laptop. It's been running a little hot lately. It's a ThinkPad and they usually run hot, but I'm cleaning it this evening.

Feedback Score
    Whoa this post reminds me that I have to clean my PC But seriously, I don't clean it very often - maybe once in six months or so. Sometimes I am surprised to see the amount of dust inside the computer after I open it after a gap of few months .